Princess eZAir Now Available
Learn about our innovative new Princess eZAirSM program and its benefits. Now available on virtually all sailings departing after September 1, 2010.As part of Princess Cruises’ continuous commitment to service and innovation, we are excited to announce the new Princess eZAir program. The modernized program allows travel agents and passengers to choose from competitively-priced flights at the time of booking by viewing real-time pricing and inventory availability for air routings that complement a specific cruise. The new program also offers peace-of-mind with Next Port Protection – a service available to route passengers to the next appropriate port of call in the event of an airline delay. It’s all part of our continuing commitment to make a vacation with Princess as carefree as possible.
The new Princess eZAirSM program will be in effect for virtually all Princess voyages sailing after September 1, 2010. Any existing air booked on the previous FlightChoice program will be moved to the Flexible pricing option for Princess eZAir. Any existing air booked on the previous FlightChoice Plus program will be honored and protected under the existing terms.
Princess eZAir features an array of new benefits:
- Next Port Protection – We’ll route passengers to their next appropriate port of call in the event of a flight delay or cancellation at no additional air cost to the passenger.
- Immediate flight confirmations – Flight schedule will now be confirmed at the time of the air booking.
- No extra customization fees – All passengers can now choose their desired airline, class, and seat with no extra “customization” fee (previously $75 under the FlightChoice program).
- Two pricing options – Compare both pricing options (Flexible or Restricted) side-by-side.
- New booking window – Air may now be purchased from 330 days prior to the end of the vacation up to 4 days before departure (subject to availability).
Princess eZAir features two different pricing options, each with unique attributes and benefits – Flexible or Restricted.
Flexible fares are designed for those passengers who have less certainty in their travel plans and want the freedom to make changes or cancel their flight arrangements easily. These fares are typically higher than the Restricted fares, but include the benefit of more flexibility:
- Passengers may cancel or make changes to their air reservation until 45 days prior to departure without fees.
- Payment is due on the same date as the cruise final payment due date – not at time of air booking.
- Air charges are fully refundable until 45 days prior to departure.
Restricted fares typically feature lower fares than the Flexible option, but are accompanied with the following restrictions:
- Air charges are non-refundable (e.g. no cash back)
- Changes to the air reservation will be allowed and a FAC (future air credit memo) will be recorded for the original air charge amount minus applicable fees. Air credits can then be redeemed directly with the airline or with Princess eZAir.
- Payment is due immediately at time of air booking.
For your convenience, the following chart provides a comparison of the new Princess eZAir program versus the previous FlightChoice program:
|Flexible Fares||Restricted Fares||FlightChoice|
|Purchase air - days from departure||From 330 days prior to the end of the vacation up to 4 days before departure (subject to availability)||From 330 days prior to the end of the vacation up to 4 days before departure (subject to availability)||Up to 21 days|
|Selection of preferred airline, flights, & travel date||No charge||No charge||Up to $75/person|
|Confirmation of airline & flight schedules||At time of booking||At time of booking||75 days from departure|
|Airfare||Competitive and updated in real-time based on current airline inventory (Air price is subject to change until paid in full)||Competitive and updated in real-time based on current airline inventory||Fixed at program launch. Subject to change.|
|Changes to Air Reservation||No fee until 45 days prior to departure. Fees apply beginning 45 days prior to departure.||Airline credit memo will be recorded minus applicable fees.||Change fee up to $125|
|Cancellation||No fee until 45 days prior to departure. Fees apply beginning 45 days prior to departure.||No refund will be given (e.g. no cash back). Airline credit memo will be recorded minus applicable fees.||Up to $75/person and carrier fee|
|Payment Due||Same date as cruise final payment date||Immediately at time of air booking||Same date as cruise final payment date|
|Flight Disruption Coverage||Princess will route to next appropriate port of call at no additional air cost to passenger||Princess will route to next appropriate port of call at no additional air cost to passenger||Princess refers passenger to airline. Passenger pays cost.|
Princess eZAir is accessible via POLAR Online, the Cruise Personalizer, and general reservations. If you are using a GDS reservations system you can book the cruise via the GDS system and then add Princess eZAir through Polar Online or by calling 1-800-PRINCESS.
To learn more, take our new Princess Academy eZAir course. Note: If you have not yet enrolled in Princess Academy, you will be required to enroll before taking the course.
* Next Port Protection
Passengers who book air travel through Princess Cruises will be automatically enrolled in the Princess next port protection program. If passengers miss or will miss their original port of embarkation due to airline delay or an airline service disruption, such as flight cancelation or flight re-routes, Princess will work with the airlines to find a reasonable alternative to provide flights to the next appropriate* port at no additional air cost to the passenger.
Factors taken into account in determining the appropriateness of a port of call include, but are not limited to:
•visas and other legal documentation that may be required
•application of the Passenger Services Act to the new itinerary
•comparability of cost, flight connections, and travel time required (note, any refund due on the unused air ticket must be used to offset the cost of the new air ticket)
•where in the original itinerary this port is located